Founded in 2012, Synergy’s Foundation For Those With Special Needs is a non-profit 501(c)(3) dedicated to helping those with special needs and supporting other charitable organizations that protect and promote the civil justice system. The Foundation was created as a way to give back to the civil justice system, support those that need its protections, and to serve as a trustee for the Settlement Solutions National Pooled Trust under 42 U.S.C. 1396p(d)(4)(C).
Since its inception, The Foundation For Those With Special Needs has generously donated over $500,000 to worthy charities and causes, with a focus on charities championed by trial lawyer advocates including Public Justice and The Florida Justice Association Research and Education Foundation.
The Foundation has supported numerous charities including:
American Diabetes Association
Synergy’s Foundation is a proud supporter of the Tour De Cure Lake Nona event which raises hundreds of thousands of dollars every year for the American Diabetes Association. Jason Lazarus, pictured, serves on the Executive Board for the event and is an annual participant in the one hundred mile bike ride that is the center of the charity event held in March of each year. Diabetes is a disease impacting millions every year and is very costly to our healthcare system. We are committed to changing that through our association with the ADA. For more information about the American Diabetes Association, please visit http://www.diabetes.org/.
Florida’s Children First
Synergy’s Foundation is a proud supporter of Florida’s Children First. Our Josh Pettingill is pictured here at FCF’s Palm Beach reception with Florida’s Children First Board Member Ted Babbitt and wife Jessica. To learn more about the amazing work FCF does, please visit www.floridaschildrenfirst.org/.
Legal Aid Society of the Orange County Bar Association
Proud to support the Legal Aid Society of the Orange County Bar Association 2015 Breakfast of Champions. Wonderful program Richard Dellinger, Scott Maxwell, Herbert Lee Allen, Jr.,Emma, Karl, Michael and Paul Perkins, Jr.. Thank you for all you do to provide quality legal services for the low-income residents, the working poor, children, and disadvantaged groups in Orange County. For more information about the Legal Aid Society, please visit http://legalaidocba.org/.
AutoNation Cure Bowl
Synergy’s Foundation is a proud supporter of the AutoNation Cure Bowl. The AutoNation Cure Bowl is an annual American college football bowl game that promotes awareness and research of breast cancer. Funds raised from the AutoNation Cure Bowl will directly benefit the nation’s highest rated breast cancer organization, the Breast Cancer Research Foundation, whose mission is committed to exclusively funding cancer research. For more information about the AutoNation Cure Bowl, please visit www.curebowl.com. For more information about the Breast Cancer Research Foundation, please visit www.bcrfcure.org.
In addition, the Foundation has supported:
- 2 Seam Dream Foundation2 Seam Dream Foundation
- 4R Restaurant Group
- ABOTA Foundation
- Alabama Civil Justice Foundation
- American Cancer Society
- American Diabetes Association
- APMC Child Life Development
- Blood, Sweat, & Gears
- Children’s Home Society of Florida
- Children’s Miracle Network
- CLC Team
- Clothes to Kids, Inc.
- Crohn’s & Colitis Foundation of America
- DC Urban Debate League
- DCBA Young Lawyers Section
- DC-TLA Foundation
- Debra’s Journey Foundation, Inc.
- Down Syndrome Assn of Central FL
- Elevate MKE
- Families for Safer Recalls
- Family Freedom Foundation
- Feeding Children Everywhere
- Fellowship of Christian Athletes
- FJA Reseach & Education Foundation
- Florida State University Foundation
- Florida Workers’ Advocates, Inc.
- Florida’s Children First
- International Brain Injury Association
- Jesuit High School
- Jewish National Fund
- Judge Wm Wieland American Inn of Court
- Juvenile Diabetes Research Foundation
- Kappa Foundation of Pompano Beach, Inc.
- Karen Bartlett
- Kingdom Harvest, Inc.
- Lawyers to the Rescue
- MAJ Foundation
- N. Cooper Langford
- National Centers for Victims of Crime
- OCBA Legal Aid Society
- onbikes inc.
- One Heart for Women and Children
- Operation Smile
- Orlando Sports Foundation
- Pastor Peter Palani
- PKD Foundation
- Pound Civil Justice Institute
- Princess Dickens’ Worry-Free Year
- Public Justice Foundation
- Rebuilding Together Orlando
- Rosa Sarmiento Moreno
- Roth Jewish Community Center of Orlando
- Sarah Louise Allen
- Simon E. Sobeloff Jewish Law Society
- Spacecoast Iceplex Figure Skating Club
- Sydney Has a Sister
- The ALS Association, Florida Chapter
- The Buoniconti Fund to Cure Paralysis
- The Friends of 440 Scholarship Fund
- The Harry Philo Foundation
- The Holden Flynn Foundation
- The Leukemia & Lymphoma Society
- The Safety Institute
- The Summit Council
- The Woody Foundation, Inc.
- Turkey Give Away, Inc.
- UCF Foundation
- UCP of Central Florida
- UF Health Office of Development
- UN Association Tampa Bay
- University of South Florida Foundation
- USF College of Arts & Sciences
- Valerin Munoz
- World Bicycle Relief
- Zo’s Hoop-Law Madness Charity Basketball